ASP.NET Core Introduction and Free Training Course
Microsoft’s Virtual Academy is a great resource for every level of developer. Its Microsoft’s way of offering free training and its delivered by experts. Virtual Academy now has ASP.NET Core training programs delivered by Scott Hanselman and Maria Naggaga.
.NET Core is a general purpose development platform maintained by Microsoft and the .NET community on GitHub. It is cross-platform, supporting Windows, macOS and Linux, and can be used in device, cloud, and embedded/IoT scenarios.
The following characteristics best define .NET Core:
- Flexible deployment: Can be included in your app or installed side-by-side user- or machine-wide.
- Cross-platform: Runs on Windows, macOS and Linux; can be ported to other OSes. The supported Operating Systems (OS), CPUs and application scenarios will grow over time, provided by Microsoft, other companies, and individuals.
- Command-line tools: All product scenarios can be exercised at the command-line.
- Compatible: .NET Core is compatible with .NET Framework, Xamarin and Mono, via the .NET Standard Library.
- Open source: The .NET Core platform is open source, using MIT and Apache 2 licenses. Documentation is licensed under CC-BY. .NET Core is a .NET Foundation
- Supported by Microsoft: .NET Core is supported by Microsoft, per .NET Core Support
Join experts Scott Hanselman and Maria Naggaga, and find out how to build .NET Core applications on any operating system. Bring your web development expertise and roll up your sleeves, for this first in a three-part series.
Want a deeper dive into ASP.NET Core 1.0? Build on what you learned in Introduction to ASP.NET Core 1.0, and explore this new technology even further, as Scott Hanselman, Jeff Fritz, and Rowan Miller offer an in-depth, intermediate-level look at ASP.NET Core 1.0.
Ready to build and deploy ASP.NET Core 1.0 apps? Join experts Scott Hanselman, Maria Naggaga, and Glenn Condron, and see how to do just that using Mac and Linux. Revisit content from the Introduction to ASP.NET Core 1.0 course, but using a Mac and Linux.
For more great resources please visit https://www.asp.net/freecourses